Tuesday 25 November 2008

Talented


Photo by Teal Freenote

The Raglan community once again pulled out all the stops on Sunday evening, when the second annual Talent Show was held. I once again volunteered to emcee the shebang, primarily because it would get me to the show without having to demonstrate a distinct lack of talent - talking is not a talent!

Impossible to pick a favourite act, because no two were remotely alike. Yes, there was more than one dancing act, but the range in the spectrum between them was so far off the scale, it couldn't have been more different. Two poems: one by a ninja kangaroo, one by a well dressed white rabbit.

All in all: extraordinary. Makes me proud to be part of the community, and made me all the more proud to know that each act trusted me enought to introduce them to the world.

No comments: